At the bodhi spa, we have set out to bring you an environment where the highest levels of skin and body care are provided alongside New England’s premiere hydrotherapy circuit, to nurture the well-being of mind, body and spirit.
It is our goal to make a difference in the lives we touch by offering the highest level of service by trained professionals in the most relaxing environment for our clients. To ensure this, please take a moment to review the policies below.
As part of our commitment to the evolution of your wellbeing. We ask you our valued Guest to respect our whisper policy while visiting the spa. We intentionally wove silence into the curation of the Water Journey for you to fully benefit from the rejuvenating effects. Please respect this space by whispering when needed. We encourage you to use this contemplative opportunity to explore the benefits you experience when you journey inwards.
Our staff has been trained in their roles to remind all guests of this policy when necessary. Please don’t be offended if you are approached and respectfully asked to abide by our whisper policy. Be kind to our dedicated team as they are diligently following direct protocols put into place by ownership.
2. Gift Certificate and Gift Card Policy
You can get that special someone anything we offer at the spa, including Water Journey session passes, Massages, Body Treatments, Facials, or Products. We also offer monetary gift certificates for those that would prefer to plan their own experience. Please note, there are no returns or refunds on gift certificates or cards.
You may redeem your gift certificate for the serviced selected or the monetary amount it was purchased for.
Gift Certificates may be redeemed at any bodhi spa location.
Gift Certificates must be kept by the purchaser and presented at the time of redemption.
3. Cell Phone
To maintain a calm, stress-free environment, we ask that cell phones and electronic devices are turned to silent and/or left in your locker during your visit. We intentionally wove silence into the curation of the bodhi spa in order for you to fully benefit from the rejuvenating effects of your spa day.
4. Safety Requirements
For your health and safety, we ask that you follow all of the guidelines that are explained and posted throughout the spa. We are licensed by the Department of Health and follow a pragmatic schedule of duties to ensure our guests are free from danger while enjoying the facilities.
5. Drugs, Alcohol & Smoking
- We are a smoke, drug, and alcohol-free facility. The following are strictly prohibited: Smoking of any kind, including electronic cigarettes and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- The bodhi spa reserves the right to refuse the admission of or eject those who are under the influence or who have any condition that poses a threat to the health or safety of themselves and/or others.
- Guests found to be drinking or smoking, of any kind, will be asked to leave the facility. This is to ensure a comfortable and pleasant environment for all guests.
6. Age requirements –
The minimum age requirement to visit the spa for either the Water Journey or to receive services is 14 and over. Please review the following age requirements.
- Water Journey – ages 14 – 16 y/o the minor must be accompanied by an adult. A waiver must be completed prior to admission.
- Water Journey – ages 17 – 18 y/o A waiver must be completed prior to admission.
- Services – ages 14 – 16 y/o the minor must receive the service from a same sex service provider AND guardian must be present in the room during the service. A waiver must be completed prior to admission.
- Services – ages 17 – 18 y/o the minor must receive the service from a same sex service provider and a waiver must be completed prior to admission.
Your spa treatments are reserved specifically for you. Should you need to cancel and reschedule, please notify us at least 24hours in advance. Cancelling an appointment within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment will result in a 50% charge of the cost of the scheduled service. Clients that miss their appointment altogether without providing any prior notification will be charged 100% of the cost of the scheduled service.
8. Confidentiality and Privacy
We believe that every client has the right to privacy and confidentiality. The conversations you have with your therapist will remain confidential, as will your Client Intake forms. Client lists and email lists are confidential. We do not share our client lists with outside parties.
9. Refund Policy
All service sales and gift card sales are final. Retail items can only be refunded if unused, in its original packaging, and presented with a receipt within 14 days of purchase. Refunds will be issued in Store credit. Some exceptions may apply.
10. Personal Property
The bodhi spa Spa provides individual lockers for your personal items and is not responsible or liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged property while on our premises.
11. Rules, regulations, prices, amenity availability, and treatment offerings are subject to change with or without notice.
12. Excessive PDA, and sexual acts are prohibited at the bodhi spa regardless of whether it is consensual between guests.
In addition, under no circumstances shall you attempt to engage in sexual acts or communication with the bodhi spa staff. Failure to abide by this shall result in immediate removal from the spa and you may be referred to the authorities for prosecution.
13. Intake forms
Please fill out this intake form no later than 72 hours prior to your appointment.
1. Admission to the water journey is separate from treatment prices.
2. Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times while in the water journey.
3. Is the spa coed Yes, the facilities are coed except for the locker rooms. This allows couples and groups of friends to relax and connect in a therapeutic setting.
4. No outside food, beverages or alcohol are permitted in the water journey room, unless you are experiencing it as a private event. In which case you may add in-house fruit and cold pressed juice to your booking to be ordered and delivered by the bodhi spa.
5. As per the Rhode Island Department of Health code, it is required that you shower thoroughly with soap before entering the water journey circuit.
6. We ask that you shower before entering the pools after enjoying the infrared sauna, traditional sauna and steam room.
7. Excessive public displays of public affection are strictly prohibited while enjoying the water journey space.
8. Please respect the right to a quiet atmosphere for all guests. We ask that you refrain from talking loudly in the spa and speak only with a whisper voice in the water journey room. We treat this space as a sacred healing room and honor all guests who come for various reasons from healing to pure relaxation.
9. Remember to drink water before and after your services, and throughout your stay.
10. We provide robes, towels, appropriate footwear, complimentary cucumber water & tea, basic toiletries, and hair dryers so you can leave the spa ready for your next event. If you have preferred toiletries and cosmetics, we encourage you to bring them and keep them in the locker provided.
11. Spread out and give others space. The water journey is a shared space and there is more than enough room for the maximum capacity of guests to enjoy the circuit together, while conscious awareness is paid to each other. The circuit is a suggestion and if one station has guests enjoying it, you should begin or continue in a station that is less busy.
12. Prenatal – The water journey is not permitted during any stage of pregnancy.
13. Booking a private event
The bodhi spa is one of the most unique event spaces in New England we can privately host up to 14 guests in Newport and 14 guests in Providence at a time. Our serene event space is the perfect setting for wedding parties, corporate events or a fun get together with family and friends to relax and connect with one another. Please contact the spa directly at 401-619-4916 or fill out the form for your desired location here.
Receiving a Service
We recommend booking your spa appointments in advance to ensure desired times, services and providers are available. All appointments must be guaranteed with a valid credit card. Spa appointments are reserved specifically for you, so we ask that you give us 24 hours advanced notice should you need to change or cancel your appointment. A fifty percent charge will be applied to appointments that are cancelled or changed within 24 hours of the treatment. Failure to arrive for a scheduled treatment will result in a charge equal to the full value of the treatment.
2. Requesting your therapist preference
If you prefer either a male or female therapist, don’t hesitate to let your choice be known at the time of booking. Also, if you have enjoyed the services of a particular therapist on a prior visit, feel free to request that person. We are here to accommodate.
3. Communicating with your Therapist
Be sure to speak up. Your therapist will do their absolute best to accommodate your requests such as: amount of light, volume level (or absence) of music, table temperature, and whether or not you choose to have a conversation or enjoy the treatment in silence. If you want the therapist to give you more pressure, or be lighter with the touch, let him or her know. Also, feel free to ask questions. Your therapist will enjoy knowing your thoughts and clarifying any issues you may have. If any part of your experience is unsatisfactory, first tell the therapist. If the response isn’t helpful, speak to the concierge or manager if available.
Ideally arrive for your service 15 minutes early so you can enjoy an unhurried transition into the spa. If you are late, your treatment time will be shortened. After a treatment, it’s customary to vacate the room within five or ten minutes, though you are welcome to spend additional time unwinding in the spa’s relaxation area or Zen Garden in our Newport Location.
Gratuities are not included in your service price. Typically, 15- 20 percent is customary, however you may of course leave more or less, depending on the quality of the service. You may leave the tip at the concierge desk when you pay your bill or hand it directly to the therapist.
6. Prenatal Services
• Facials are OK – all natural, organic Eminence facials may be enjoyed during all three trimesters of your pregnancy.
• Massage and Body Treatments are limited to the second trimester. The first trimester carries an increased risk of complications to expectant mothers. There are pressure points in the body that are thought to initiate contractions or potentially induce labor. In addition, it is difficult to assess a client without their full maternal medical history. For these reasons we don’t offer massages in the first trimester.